Thursday, February 19, 2009
Medicals & Paperwork
I've been trying to dig my way through the paperwork requirements and get some more things checked off our list. We are completing the mandatory readings (training requirements for homestudy)and trying to get our next appointment scheduled. Right now my biggest concern is our medicals. We were finally able to get scheduled with the same doctor and even all of us in a row. Both Tim and I are required as the adoptive parents, but Courtney being 18+ is having to do this as well. Our medical exams are scheduled for tomorrow. I am praying that this goes smoothly and all paperwork is done correctly. From what I've read about the other families in process or that have already completed the process... the medicals can be difficult and to expect to have to go back (maybe more than once) for corrections/updates. This is why we struggled to get appts w/ the same doctor instead of having to chase down 3 doctors repeatedly if all does not go well. I have a friend that has adopted multiple times and had no trouble with their medicals (other than finding a notary to be there). Tim managed to schedule our appts with this same doctor so.. YEAH! I am ready to have that behind us and hopefully, without any glitches! Again... please keep us in your prayers. Things that seem so simple ordinarily become rather large issues when you have to have everything just so for it to be accepted. I started out dreading the flight/trip (I have never flown commercially), but I think I will start to look forward to that part as it signifies the end of the paper chase (at least stateside)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment