Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hanging in there...

Having one of those weeks. The kids have made a secret pact, I'm sure. They are tag teaming me and wearing me down. They have worked out a schedule or something. I haven't figured out the pattern yet or the mastermind behind this evil plan, but they are definitely up to something. All day, every day someone is pushing my buttons. When I finally get one unruly child under 'control' (yeah, right!) another child takes over doing things they know darn well they should not be doing. It is only 9:30 in the morning and we have already had 12+ hitting each other, my basket of toys is growing fast (the toys that become mine because the kids fight over instead of sharing), we have been separated, done time outs... they continue. We are home today. I had toyed with the idea of going out for a bit, but their behavior has nixed that thought! My laptop is still dead and I finally have told the manufactured I'm done with the over the phone attempts to repair so they are sending a box to mail it in. Hopefully, I'll be back up to speed in a few weeks. Luckily Abby hasn't tried to repair it. We caught her last night 'fixing' her computer. She had taken some of the keys off and Tim asked her why she had broken it. She said she was fixing it, "they were in the wrong order... B is supposed to be by A". This would be an example of someone being "too smart for their own good!"

This week we have managed to get Anastasia's cavities filled, therapy for both Sophia and Anastasia, normal school/preschool drop off/pick up, and squeezed in haircuts for Shelby, Sophia and Anastasia. We had Anastasia's new lense put in her glasses and both girls' glasses adjusted again. Miracle League game tonight, Buddy Walk is Saturday. We have an appointment Monday at Children's for Sophia and Anastasia to see an Orthopedic specialist. Hoping to see if there is an issue with Anastasia's legs and see if either/both need any braces or inserts to help them with stability. We will have covered all of the medical concerns at that point and have began all of their therapies. We still have an upcoming visit with the Down Syndrome Clinic, but that is serving as a 'second opinion' visit more than anything else. They will have their hearing tested, but everything else will re-checks.

My dad asked how things were going the other day. I replied, "Every girl dreams of being a princess, but I never dreamed of Cinderella's early years!" Looking forward to catching my breath... hopefully soon! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Christy! I know some days are particularily challenging, but if anyone can handle it, I think you can!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, do you have your hands full...you lucky dawg! You love every minute of the chaos, don't ya? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Super Mom! You are doing great! Your powers will overcome their evil schemes....

    Seriously, I can't believe how much you are getting done and how well you are doing with the discipline issues. It will pay off for you, soon I hope!

    Praying for you and yours....Paula

    ReplyDelete