It was 6 months ago today that we flew out of Kiev, Ukraine on our way home with our two new daughters, Sophia and Anastasia. Wow... hard to imagine we have already had them in our family for 6 months! They have done rather well adjusting to their new home, new language, new family, new life! We have been blessed to have them as our children and know that there are many more blessings to come as they grow and blossom into their full potential. We have struggled to keep them healthy, but that has been a fight for our whole family this winter! We are now waiting for their surgery date.. March 5th. Sophia and Anastasia will be having their tonsils/adenoids removed and tubes placed in ears. Sophia will also have the eye surgery. Prayers that all goes well and they benefit greatly from these surgeries!
The girls have really been enjoying their preschool. Anastasia brings me her lunchbox on mornings that they don't have school so I'm guessing she is wanting to go even more than the 3 mornings! We continue to use/learn sign language... especially with Anastasia. Sophia just continues to amaze us with her speed of picking up English language. Anastasia has gained new sounds, but is still pretty much non-verbal.
They really enjoyed receiving/exchanging their valentines this morning with the family. Anastasia was grinning with this look questioning look... "what is the occasion this time?". It does seem like we are celebrating something every time you turn around!
I'm sure you noticed that I do not update nearly as often as I did prior to travel and prior to the computer issues. I will admit that it will most likely not improve! I am on Facebook now though, so if you want to find me there.... you will get little updates more often. I am struggling to find time/will power/ energy to get control over the chaos around here. In case I don't post before... I will go ahead and ask for your prayers now. My mother is having Hip Replacement surgery on Tuesday, Feb. 23rd. The girls' surgery is Friday, March 5th. Please pray for all of their surgeries to go well, for them all to heal quickly and for them to have great improvements afterwards! Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hi Christy! How goes it in the Haire household?? How is your mom doing? I'll be thinking about the girls surgery and praying for them. My son had a T&A last summer and I wasn't expecting the recovery to be so rough! He was totally miserable for about 5 days, then it started getting a bit better. But he refused to take his pain meds, and would throw it up when I made him.
ReplyDeleteSo, I will be praying for a better recovery for Anastasia! I sure wish I could have gotten a glimpse of Anne Marie, maybe on our next trip, but I doubt it... Do you remember which building she was in?
Jodi
Hey Jodi! We didn't have the pleasure of meeting Anne Marie when we were there. I became her prayer warrior after we came home. It is so exciting seeing so many families are going to be traveling to #20 for their little ones! Anne Marie's family is out there somewhere... her day will come too! I just know it!
ReplyDeleteChristy~ did you see the new picture of Anne Marie??? She is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteI did! So excited that they got an updated photo! :)
ReplyDelete