Tuesday, April 14, 2009
A special gift
When we first found Reece's Rainbow, we were looking for an orphan to sponsor for the Christmas Angel Tree. We spent a lot of time looking at the precious little photos. We finally narrowed down our choice by deciding we wanted to help the ones "At Most Risk". We went back and forth between the Angel Tree photos and the At Most Risk photos. We found the ones that were the oldest (at greatest risk for transfer) and then from there we selected the ones that had the least money in their adoption fund accounts. This brought us to Sonya as our Christmas Angel and a little boy. They were the oldest listed at the time and had the least funds in their adoption accounts at that time. We have had both of their Angel Tree ornaments hanging in our living room ever since. I see them daily as a reminder to pray for them. I can only guess that Darcy was not posted at this time because she is actually older than this other child and had less money in her account. She would have been our other Christmas Angel had she been there at the time we picked our Christmas Angels. As you know from our story... we continued to be bothered by the knowledge that these children were sitting in an Orphanage waiting on a family and quickly approaching the transfer to a mental institution where they would live out the remainder of their lives. Lives they were not ever given the opportunity to truly LIVE. We did end up deciding to adopt and committed to bringing home both Sonya and Darcy. I tried to get a Christmas Angel Tree ornament for Darcy, but it was after the deadline and too late. I was thrilled when this little boy was spoken for recently. So glad that his forever family has begun their journey to bring him home. I have decided that I am going to send his little Christmas Angel Tree ornament to his new family which is why I am not saying his name... I want it to be a surprise for the family. I am thinking this will be the perfect 1st Christmas ornament. I hope the family enjoys the gift. I wish that I had been able to get one for Darcy and maybe someone somewhere has her ornament. (If you do... I would so love to have one for her to hang on our tree each year). I think this is something I will do from now on.... sponsor an orphan from the Christmas Angel Tree, display the ornament throughout the year as a reminder to pray them home. Once they come home (or are very close to being there), how great it will be to mail them the Christmas Angel Tree Ornament so they can have it as another token of their journey home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment