Friday, November 20, 2009
Please remember Anne Marie
Thanksgiving we will be celebrating our many blessings: family, friends, health, home and life. While we are enjoying this special time of Thanksgiving a little girl on the other side of the world doesn't not have much to be thankful for. Anne Maire turns 4 on November 25th. The day before Thanksgiving Anne Marie should be celebrating her 4th birthday with family, but instead it will most likely be just another day spent in an orphanage. Another day except she will be older and more at risk of being transferred to a mental institution. Her 'baby house' typically houses children until age 4. The children's lives are even "less" after being transferred... less likely to be adopted, less likely to have their basic needs met, less likely to live. Many do not survive the first year. I ask that you remember Anne Marie this week. Celebrate her life, consider giving to her adoption fund and while you are celebrating, pray that next year she will have many reasons to give thanks... a family, friends, health, home and life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Gosh, I didn't realize she was 4 already! I pray it's the last holiday season she is an orphan. I will be thinking about her on the 25th.
ReplyDeleteJodi