Thursday, July 30, 2009
Just about ready...
We have been so busy this week with getting ready for the trip. Of course, the daily life continues here as well. Between dentist appt, meetings, school orientations, last minute shopping, etc... we finally made it to start taking inventory of our travel supplies and packing the bags this evening. We have a few more things to squeeze in there, but I think we have it mostly done. It is odd for me to look at one large bag, one duffel and 2 backpacks knowing that we are living out of those few bags for the next month or more. We have been spending as much time as we could with the kids. Tonight they threw us a 'surprise' going away party. (well.. they didn't know we knew anyway!... they have not mastered the 'whisper' yet!) Courtney had helped them make cupcakes, she cooked supper, they cleaned up around the house (I'm really thinking that Courtney threw the party at the others reqest because I only saw the others playing today!) I had to go outside when Tim came home so we could both come in to them jumping out and yelling surprise. Before we could open the door Romney had left his hiding spot and at the door with Abby right behind him. Only Shelby was still "hidden". They did yell surprise and were tickled that they had 'pulled off' the surprise party! :) Afterwards we all loaded up and made a trip into town on a very important mission.... DOUGHNUT RUN! Krispy Kreme has to rank rather high on the "to do" list! We all had a good evening... then we came back to reality and started packing! :) Finishing up the details tomorrow so we can have tomorrow evening to enjoy time with the kids. Leaving out Saturday morning... on our way to bringing home our girls!!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



How sweet :)
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! I can't wait to see you with your sweet little girls!
ReplyDeleteAmy
I'm so excited about meeting my new daughter but dreading leaving my other kids behind- it's so strange to be pulled in two different directions! Can't wait to meet you!
ReplyDeleteI know! I am thrilled to be at this point and so close to meeting our girls, but I am also sad about leaving the rest behind! They are in good hands, but I miss them already!
ReplyDelete