Friday, May 22, 2009

Blogs, buttons and bull****

I wanted to say thank you to all of you that are following along. I'm rather new to the blog world, but have found that this blog is a great place to update friends, vent frustration and gather encouragement. I always scroll down to see where people are stopping in from and always get a kick out of seeing people from various states and countries! Thank you so much for caring about our journey to bring home these precious little girls.

Also, if you are in the process yourselves and I have in error missed adding your blog button, please let me know! I can guarantee you it was not intended, but without you bringing it to my attention it may go uncorrected! I would love to add your child's button in support of you journey to bring them home!

Now... for the bull****. I have noticed that a lot of the families in the process of adoption are faced with many trials along the way. Many of these are just the day end day out trials of life, but others may be much more significant. These little struggles can be rather discouraging while you are already faced with the difficulty of the process, overwhelming expense and the required time away from home. Our trials have been coming mostly in the form of vehicle repairs. Since committing to this adoption (end of Dec) we have had 3 tows to repair shops and numerous other repairs that Tim has been able to fix himself and save us a lot on labor cost. This has involved 2 different vehicles, but we are about to just shoot them both! Tim is finishing up repairing the most recent issues (power steering pump, water pump, fan) and I am just praying that these repairs end this cycle! I am thankful for the timing being after we finished up school/preschool/piano/miracle league so that I can afford to be stranded for now. Also, thankful that the repairs were needed NOW and NOT while we were out of country and our caregivers/children were dependent on the vehicle. Yesterday, when discussing our run of luck with someone, they asked if we had ever stopped to consider if this was God's way of telling us we were not supposed to be doing this adoption. NO... we do not feel that is the case because there have been so many other things that are pointing us there... including the initial call! I do feel like satan's hand is at work in the many trials we (and the many other families) face. Satan would love for us to give up on these girls... he would love to see God's children rot away in a mental institution while a family of 'believers' is too discouraged to follow through with what they feel is God's call. We have been very lucky that our trials are mild compared to many others. However, I ask for you to please continue to pray for our family and the many other families in the process. We all need prayers for God to provide for us spiritually, emotionally, physically, financially and mentally. Please, please pray for all of the children that continue to wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment