Our dossier arrived at its first destination yesterday and will begin its 'round about way of getting to its final destination' early tomorrow. Paula was telling me their travel route and it made me think of the kindergarden project "Flat Stanley". Our dossier is starting its adventure! Please remember to pray for Paula's family. They are beginning their first trip to bringing home Bella... pretty good Father's Day, huh? Also, the Spencer's family are wrapping up their journey so pray for safe travel home. Many families still in country so please keep them in your prayers that things go smoothly and their individual needs are met.
I have been trying to start planning/preparing for our trip. Trying to think of things that may be needed around here in our absence. I've been ordering medication refills for everyone, buying up the cat's food, purchasing printer toner, stocking shelves, etc... We are going to start collecting the things we will need as well. We also brought home something yesterday in preparation for when we return.... a 12 passenger van. This is our 'anniversary' gift this year.... SEXY, right? This is a "new to us" van. We knew the suburban would be cramped with all 8 seats occupied and 4 of those having car seats. Then with the troubles we have had from Jan. to June with car repair.... we decided this was what we needed to do. Most likely the Suburban will be a great vehicle for some family since we have already 'rebuilt' it! :) It just doesn't meet our needs right now for the primary family car. For those of you that know me well.... I am actually at peace with this purchase. My normal anxiety leading up to and following large purchases/changes is just not there this time. I'm taking that as a sign that this was right. I figure the other option is that I have snapped... so I'm going with the "it was right" theory! :) Now... to get one of these other vehicles sold! Either Tim's truck or the suburban.... we just don't need both anymore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment