Saturday, June 27, 2009

Still waiting to hear...

The last we heard about our little dossier was that it had arrived. We were told it has most likely already been translated and given to our facilitator. We are still waiting to hear when it is expected to be submitted. Trying not to be impatient, but after having been 'patient' (to use the term loosely) for 6 months now.... I'm struggling! We are trying to use our time wisely. We are getting things done around here and things bought up for our absence. Also, we are gathering things for our trip, etc... I don't really know what to do with myself! I find I am still somewhat chained to this computer! Always checking email to see if there has been any word!

On a side note, I have a very specific prayer request regarding our daughter Shelby (DS) that I would appreciate you praying with me about. We are still waiting on the Board of Education to make their decision on whether or not Shelby's aide, Mrs. H will be allowed to transition with her to high school. We have requested the move, Mrs. H is willing to go, same school district.... not sure why this is a hard decision. We are very nervous about what it will be like if Mrs. H is NOT allowed to go. We had some very difficult years prior to Shelby being matched with Mrs. H. In fact, the year they were matched we had already made the decision to pull out of the school at the first sign of trouble... we had already reached our limit with the school situation. We started the new year with Shelby being matched with Mrs. H and 3 years later... we are still waiting for the first sign of trouble! We are worried about Shelby going to a new school, new teachers, new classes, new everything and a new aide!... now add to that the very likely scenario of us being out of the country for this adoption while all of this takes place! ... please pray with us that they reach their decision soon and it is in the best interest of Shelby!

No comments:

Post a Comment