Monday, March 2, 2009

Little Steps... Big Reward

I have a tendency to become somewhat overwhelmed when I dwell to much on the process of our international adoption. In the past, I have found it helpful to focus on smaller task that make up the larger/overwhelming job. Often, I found that the little task wasn't so bad after all and would continue on to another small task, then the next, then the next... until the job was done. Well... hears to hoping that works for me this time! My little tasks for today were (1) getting the completed, signed application copied and mailed off to our agency! (2) compiling and submitting 3 of 4 sets of discussion questions to our SW (Tim and I had two each- he finished, not me). I know this doesn't sound like much, but they are steps towards bringing home the girls. Tomorrow, I HAVE to complete the paperwork for our last HS interview. My struggle is finding the time and peace amongst life's daily chaos to do my "homework". Again... little steps towards the big reward!

Oh... I wanted to share the latest from our 3 year old on the adoption: The other day I took her to store (She had many saved up from Christmas, birthdays, etc... and wanted to spend it). During her shopping spree she purchased two little pairs of sunglasses for 'Sonya' and 'Darcy' (she already has a pair herself). I told her that we were going to need to buy the girls lots of things when we were able to get them (clothes, shoes, everything) because they would not have those things of their own. She quickly chimed in, "I will share my clothes with them! I can not wear them all at one time!" --- sorry, I have to brag on her now because I'm sure the jealousy will kick in later and I won't have too many of these cute little stories to share! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment