Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Riding the wave

I am finding the adoption process to be more emotionally straining than a pregnancy. The total lack of control and feeling like you are always a step behind (or more). With the pregnancy (assuming all is well) you are waiting and you are an emotional wreck, but you at least go about your daily life for the most part. With the paper pregnancy I find that you are waiting, you are an emotional wreck, you have to balance your daily life while trying to appease the 'powers that be' with every little detail being absolutely PERFECT. I find I am riding the emotional wave constantly. Checking my inbox and mailbox like a maniac. Trying to rush this impossibly slow process when we have absolutely no control. The lack of information will drive you insane. I guess this is where the "that which does not kill you will only make you stronger" comes into play. Trust me... everyone that you know that has survived an adoption process must be STRONG because they have been put to the test! However.... luckily my day ends with responses from both our HS agency and our adoption agency! SW has received the last reference. They are checking into the status on the remaining backgrounds since the others all came in a month ago. She received the updated warranty deed. She is sending us more links for additional readings (UGHH!). Our adoption agency received the corrected warranty deed and believes that will work. She is going to forward it on for second opinion, but thinks this is great. RELIEF! I know it is crazy, but I have felt so cut off today not having heard back on these few items. You just sit here with this constant feeling that you should be doing something, but there is nothing to do until you hear something! I did make contact with the USCIS again today. Yesterday their system was down so they couldn't help me. Today, they couldn't help much, but while waiting on them to check I came across a little something on their website. When she came back I asked and she verified. Military will be seen WITH OUT AN APPOINTMENT! This means I am not going to sweat Courtney's appt letter not coming yet. We are going to take advantage of this and go up there Saturday! Hopefully, we can all be fingerprinted without any problems! :) Fingerscrossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment