Monday, March 23, 2009
Monday updates
We were able to catch up with our closing attorney from 2000, 2001 and 2002 (lot purchase, permanent financing on home and refi on home). He will process a deed correction to update the mailing address to our current address on the warranty deed in order to satisfy the SDA when our dossier is completed. This will cost <$100 so that is good news... considering. I hope to be able to take the original deed to him tomorrow so they can make the corrections then I can run it to the court house to be refiled. Hopefully I can then get new copies of the warranty deed, but I am going prepared to be told to come back another day for the corrected copies. Tim was able to take the medicals back to the MD for re-signing today. She had forgotten to list her license # and one of the dates had an alteration. Better safe than sorry! We are still waiting on the reference (checking w/ SW to see if she has received yet) and waiting on the ABI/ FBI background checks. Glad we did these early on so we wouldn't get held up by them! :) Courtney's Immigrations fingerprint appt did not come today either. I do not understand why everything is coming in bits and pieces when they were all submitted in the same package! Can you 'hear' the frustration? Feeling exhausted by the process today. I really would love to have the homestudy completed soon! The completed HS has to go through DHR, then Immigrations before we can complete our dossier and submit to country. After dossier submission, we wait for SDA approval and a travel date. Some have been given dates 2 weeks out from the date they are notified. With all the steps listed above it seems less likely that we will be able to travel in June. The later the travel date, the less likely we will be back prior to school starting back which causes another level of stress for us! Shelby starts high school this year! I really want to be here for that transition! We know that everything will work out in God's time, but my mother's heart is very worried on many levels! Please pray for us and that everyone that is part of our process will work as quickly and efficiently as possible. It frustrates me to think that the paperwork that we are waiting on is most likely buried on someone's desk!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment