Tim is off running the errands with our facilitation team. They are starting the paperwork for the Embassy and we will go back at 2 pm for our appointment. They have also gone back to the SDA and Tim was going to do a quick shopping trip while Yulia wrapped up a little more work. I am at the apartment with the girls. I have been preparing post and emails in advance so we can make a quick trip to the Internet Café to upload them all.
I don’t remember sharing all of this (and can’t look back for reference) so please overlook any duplicates. I have already mentioned the toothbrushing troubles, first car rides and shower experiences I know. I do not remember if I mentioned Sophia’s fear at being held to begin with. When we picked her up she was scared. The height? The new experience? We are not sure, but she has gotten used to it and indicates that she wants to be picked up at times now. It is hard to hold her for long because she does not know how to ‘hold on’ yet. Anastasia has been afraid of the toilet. They used little pots/bowls at the orphanage so the regular toilet is rather large to her. She has gotten better now though and doesn’t cry the entire time like we are trying to flush her or something. They eat well. In fact they shove as much in their mouths as quickly as possible so we have to stand guard over their plates and give a little at a time. The other things we have noticed are the little “orphanage quirks”. These are sad to watch (some grate on the nerves due to the sound). Anastasia grinds her teeth, both chew on their tongues sometime, Sophia has been seen rocking herself a couple of times, Sophia also sucks on her tongue (looks like a baby with a pacifier, but no pacifier) and both have had the silent tears. These are the little quirks that we hope to see go away with time as they feel secure and loved. Prayers for them as they adjust. Thanks to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment