Saturday, August 15, 2009

We are HOME!

I just wanted to do a quick update and let everyone know that the girls have made it HOME! We arrived in the early hours of the morning today and they have been taking time to adjust to their new surroundings. Both are doing rather well so far I believe. Anastasia is doing better about using the bathroom now that we are home. We have the little "Diego" potty seat that sits on top of the regular seat so she doesn't feel like she is going to fall in. We are also using a large step stool for her so she feels 'grounded'. She has not shown any concern about the toilet now that we are home. Sophia has not had any 'moments' yet. They both seem to like their new home and family. Abby is adjusting well too. She has not shown any issues with sharing her family and home like we were afraid. She is doing very well so far. She did draw the line in the sand when Sophia came out with Abby's shoes on, but considering everything we just encouraged Sophia to change into her own shoes. No problems and everyone was back to smiling. Anastasia is still my little shadow, but starting to get farther and farther away or for longer and longer. We are going to 'hole up' here for a few days and let them just unwind and regroup. So glad to be home. I will post photos one day soon, but for now.... I'm off to spend time with the girls! :) Thank you all for your prayers and support! Sophia and Anastasia are HOME!

Saying goodbye to friends...





Getting ready to leave on Gotcha Day...



Ready to go catch our flight (last morning in Ukraine)...

7 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and your family, glad you all made it home safely! Can't wait to hear about the flights! Relax some and get the adjustment under way...email when you feel like it. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home!! I don't think I've seen an adoption trip go that fast since the Urban's brought home Ava!:) Looking forward to seeing pictures. Enjoy those little girls of yours.:):)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christy!Im so happy,it seem it was yesterday when I saw your girls face on the xmas tree

    Glad that youa re home,and safe,and hoping everything keeps moving smooth!

    hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT news!!! So glad you are home and adjusting so well! Sorry I missed you in Kiev. Give your girls big hugs from her auntie from FL!! (And a big hug to you, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Christy, Whew..what a ride huh? I am so glad you made it home safely and that everyone is adjusting well! Thank you for inviting us to dinner to celebrate your girls adoption! What a privilege to be able to meet them--they are so beautiful! Take care....we can swap stories soon.....Love, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOHOO, Congratulations and welcome home! I can't wait to see pics of them at home and hear how they adjust to there new lives!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! I love the group photo with their friends.:)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete